[Asterisk-Users] Eicon DIVA PCI ISDN cards (not server) work with asterisk!

Marc SCHAEFER asterisk-users at alphanet.ch
Thu Mar 24 02:50:27 MST 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:55:28PM +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
> Last time I tried - there were a few problems...

I had a few random crashes, higher delays and echo with the EICON. I
replaced it now with an HFC. The EICON on isdn4linux was however
a bit better than the AVM C4 with CAPI.

> 1 - Outbound DTMF - never made it... ie You can not interact with
> someone else's IVR (DTMF controlled systems)

This is because DTMF detection and sending is disabled in chan_modem.
Use the information from
http://www.marko.net/asterisk/archives/0301/0849.html.

Also, this is because there was/is an issue with Asterisk and modem/i4l
DTMF support and config.
   modem.conf: dtmfmode=asterisk

> 2 - Inbound DTMF - Certain voices would be interpreted as DTMF - which
> is fine until they sounded like a '#' - and got transfered.... (some
> strange reason - my wife's voice - especially when she got angry)

This is because the kernel driver thought it should do detection and
does it badly. Apply patch
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-June/014104.html
to kernel.

In my case interaction with remote IVR and inbound DTMF was working
perfectly after this and no more beeps where received during the phone
call.