[Asterisk-Users] H323 <=> SIP Converter for Asterisk compertable

Charles Wang lazy.charles at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 01:24:28 MST 2005

Hi, ALL:

I'm almost give up the oh323 too.
I compiled the asterisk-oh323 for several times(ten or more).
In my first time, I got pwlib 1.6.6 from CVS of openh323.org.
But it seems a little buggy,so I failed.

I downloaded Janus's patch version, and followed its steps. It seems
OK when I compile with pwlib 1.6.6 and openh323 1.13.5 plus oh323
v0.7.1.

But I want my Asterisk to transfer my SIP call to H323 gatekeeper.
  SIP UAC ==> SER ==> Asterisk ==> GNUGK =X=> some H323 EPs.

There are too few documents or mailling lists to tell me how to configure it.

I want my asterisk registering to GNUGK as a gateway mode.
I know how to set it up on my GNUGK's gatekeeper.ini.
But does anyone kind to tell me how to configure my extensions.conf
and oh323.conf?

I can make a call to reach GNUGK. But the call will be hangup for some
reasons(I don't know what reason it is) when I find ACF and
unconnected CDR on my GNUGK's log. There is NOT any EP rings at that
time.

It is very difficult to setup such a environment and too few users
discuss about it.
Is the way just give it up?

Best Regards
Charles