[Asterisk-Users] IAXy firmware was 'why even use SIP'

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:33:01 MST 2005

> > They probably don't want to deal with the snickering and laughter that
> > this code will ensue. Digium has a good rep. in the open source
> > community for Asterisk, they don't want to release this mockery on
> > anyone!
>
> I truly hope your not right.  While I know the code might be bad, that
> doesn't really matter, it could still benefit by being open-source!
I think the problem might otherwise.

To be able to program this thing, we would need the full hardware
spec. Having that, you could just build one yourself and not pay
Digium a single dime.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and that Digium will release the source of
the firmware. I believe that there's enough knowledge programmers in
this community to fix it and improve it.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but hey, it doesn't cost money to do it :)