[Asterisk-Users] Vonage Linksys Router - Life after Vonage

GP dazzed at 1stdog.com
Wed Mar 23 14:58:58 MST 2005

I setup a vonage account last year, and cancelled it last night when I
put my asterisk box together and signed up for a Broadvoice account to
use with it.

Now I would like to use my Linksys router as an MTA, but realize it is
still programmed with all of vonage's proprietary information and I do
not know how to clear it.  I understand that just pushing the reset
button will not do it.

I've read that someone was able to do it by contacting vonage and
getting instructions for clearing the router of the vonage information.
Does anyone have the instructions for completing this or is this
something that only the vonage people can provide.

I've spent the last 2 hours and 30 minutes in the vonage phone system
trying to get to tech support to find out how to do this without any
luck.  Their phone system and indeed their customer support in general
is really lacking.

(On top of which, they charged me a $40 termination fee to terminate my
account - just a parting shot I guess).

If anyone has any suggestions, or the instructions for clearing the MTA
on this linksys router, I'd be very greatful.

GP