[Asterisk-Users] IAXy firmware was 'why even use SIP'

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Wed Mar 23 14:38:06 MST 2005

I've noticed a few recent messages regarding if/when a fixed firmware
for the IAXy will become available that deals with everyone's issues
regarding the little device.

After some thought on this subject, I wonder what Digium's stance on
open-sourcing the firmware for the device?  Is there anything in the
IAXy that couldn't open-source?  Asterisk is moving along quite nicely
due to the oss community around it, why couldn't the IAXy have the same?

Anyway, just some thoughts,
-chris