[Asterisk-Users] Access comedian mail from imap client

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 23 12:00:36 MST 2005

Hello:

  We offer several options for accessing Comedian mail via Asterisk
and IP phones.  We'd like to add one more. We would like to be
able to save a message on the Asterisk server in such a way that it
can be retrieved using the telephone set and Comedian mail as it is
today and/or via an IMAP client. If accessed via am IMAP client
we would like to use an "externotify script" to manage the mwi lamp.
(we turn the lamp on and off in our current offering)

   I'm unclear on the requirements between Comedian mail and the
spool directory where it looks for managing messages. Has anyone
implemented voicemail in this way? If so could you share some
thoughts on how the integration is accomplished?

Thanks

--

ISC Network Engineering
The University of Pennsylvania