[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 and multiple simultaneous calls

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 11:36:20 MST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:19:29 -0600, Matthew Boehm <mboehm at cytelcom.com> wrote:
> Dan Levine wrote:
> > Yup that works on our end as well.... We assign 3 of the same lines to
> > the same phone and it works perfectly.
>
>     Are you are using the same SIP account for each line on the phone? Could
> you please post your 7960's SIP<mac>.cnf file? Asterisk does not support
> multiple registrations of the same SIP account so I am quite interested in
> how both of you are accomplishing this.
>
> -Matthew
Well, I'm using the same SIP account for as many Cisco Line buttons as
I want, actually Cisco handles such configs the best, it's the cisco
phone that takes care of not bothering * with the second registration
once it sees that they are the same (and you are right if the Cisco
phone would have bothered * then you would've seen a problem on the *
side), and then if Call Waiting is disabled, it will just rollover to
the next line.
If it doesn't work for you then you have something wrong configured.