[Asterisk-Users] speex 1.1.7 crashes asterisk 1.0.6

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Wed Mar 23 08:45:42 MST 2005

Hello,

I've installed speex 1.1.7 and asterisk 1.0.6
from Gentoo's Portage and I'm experiencing
asterisk crashes whenever I try to make a
connection from my X-Lite client under wine
to asterisk using the speex codec.

I know speex is being attempted because SPX
lights up on the X-Lite display. Also, I know
that speex is causing the crash because X-Lite
works fine if I use GSM, ILBC, or ULAW. Speex
seems to be installed in asterisk too, because
I can run "SHOW TRANSALTION" and get speex
output.

Has anyone had this happen before? Has anyone
successfully used speex 1.1.7 with asterisk
1.0.6? Do I need to try another speex revision?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,