[Asterisk-Users] Group channel rotation for outgoing call?

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Wed Mar 23 08:59:18 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Alejandro
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:43 AM
To: Asterisk
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Group channel rotation for outgoing call?

Hi,

If I have a PRI with all channels grouped in group=1, I understand when
want to make an outgoing call that asterisk takes the first channel
available.

Is there any possiblity to "rotate" the channel taken? I was searching
in
Wiki but I could not find nothing about.

Thanks,

Alejandro

>From the Wiki.

Link: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+zap+channels

Dialing a Group
In the Zap Channel Module's configuration file (zapata.conf), you can
define groups of Zap channels that get treated as a single channel as
far as the Dial command is concerned. You specify which of four methods
the Zap channel module is to use to select a non-busy channel from the
channel group by prefixing the group number with one of the letters g,
G, r, or R:

g: select the lowest-numbered non-busy Zap channel (aka. ascending
sequential hunt group).
G: select the highest-numbered non-busy Zap channel (aka. descending
sequential hunt group).
r: use a round-robin search, starting at the next highest channel than
last time (aka. ascending rotary hunt group).
R: use a round-robin search, starting at the next lowest channel than
last time (aka. descending rotary hunt group).

The round-robin searches make the Zap channel module start looking for
an available channel from a different channel number each time. For each
channel group, the Zap channel module keeps track of the last
round-robin start point, and this time starts checking availability from
either the next (lowercase r)) or the previous uppercase R channel in
the group. Which channel it actually finds available (if any) does not
affect the starting point for the next round-robin search. Calls to the
Dial command using ordinary (g or G) group selections do not affect
future round-robin starting points either.

For example, if you have defined channel group 2 as containing Zap
channels 1, 2, 5 and 8, and the last round-robin search for this group
(group 2) began searching from channel 5, this is the order of searching
that the Zap channel module will use for the four possible selection
methods:

Dial(Zap/g2...): Looks in order 1, 2, 5, 8
Dial(Zap/G2...): Looks in order 8, 5, 2, 1
Dial(Zap/r2...): Looks in order 8, 1, 2, 5
Dial(Zap/R2...): Looks in order 2, 1, 8, 5