[Asterisk-Users] Playback of sound files but no sound

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at linguaphone.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 07:28:34 MST 2005

Do you have these files :-

[root at asterisk default]# ls -l /dev/zap
total 0
crws-----T  1 root root 196, 254 Mar 22 09:21 channel
crws-----T  1 root root 196,   0 Mar 22 09:21 ctl
crws-----T  1 root root 196, 255 Mar 22 09:21 pseudo
crws-----T  1 root root 196, 253 Mar 22 09:21 timer

If you are using udev you need to add some configuration manually so
these files get created. There is a note displayed when making the
zaptel package but it is easy to miss.