[Asterisk-Users] Incoming response and external access

Paul Goodyear pgudge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 07:27:38 MST 2005

>Asterisk only uses UDP, and AFAIK, you also need UDP ports 10000 to
>xxxxxx see /etc/asterisk/sip.conf for details.
>
>You will also need to set the various NAT related config options in the
>sip.cfg file.
>
>As far as getting it to work on your LAN, well, I though you said you
>had X-Lite working for internal calls, which implies it is working on
>the LAN at least ???

What are the procedures required to

a. Call my Asterisk box from eyeBeam/Ineen
b. Connect to my Asterisk box as a proxy from eyeBeam/Ineen

I setup IPCop to only allow my home (static) IP as a security measure.

I can call extension on the LAN fine, and call external numbers
through the modem, it received phone calls from the phone line no
problem, just the External Internet to Asterisk that the problem.

>Hi Paul, where are you from? We're probably related.
:) Chances of that, Smith, Jones, King maybe but not Goodyear :) and a
Asterisk user too. I'm from the UK up t'North.

>Is there the same latency when you configure x-lite directly to your
VoIP provider?
We dont have a VoIP provider!!! Just the Asterisk box conencted to phone line.

>Get in to what? You mean SIP to your machine from outside? For IAX2,
the manager interface and so on, there are another 8 or so ports you
need open and forwarded.

As I said above really, to either connect to my Asterisk box as a
proxy, or just call it from eyeBeam/Ineen.

Thanks All.