[Asterisk-Users] Playback of sound files but no sound

Bart Van Daal B.Vandaal at edpnet.net
Wed Mar 23 05:02:32 MST 2005

Hello,

I'm running asterisk-1.0.6 on a centos3.4 box.
I'm still in testing phase and so far everything is running smoothly.
I'm now trying to play a soundfile or an mp3file using 'MP3Player',
'Playback'
or the 'Background' commands, but don't get any sound.
The logfile says:
    -- Executing BackGround("SIP/joa-9def", "tt-weasels") in new stack
    -- Playing 'tt-weasels' (language 'en')
Are the sound drivers (alsa or oss) used for this or do I need to configure
something else?

thanks for any help,
Bart