[Asterisk-Users] Incoming response and external access

Paul Goodyear pgudge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:34:51 MST 2005

I'm all up for reading and looking round for people in the same boat
to try and solve the issue together, but there appears to not be large
community yet, just the asterisk mail lists.

I got Asterisk working with X-Lite great now for internal calls and
also calling land line numbers etc. The two problems i'm currently
having are:

1. When someone calls in the phones ring 3 times then Asterisk kicks
in, there is about a 3 second gap before Asterisk starts to ring the
default group. Can this be cut down ring straight away?

2. I cannot seem to get access to Asterisk box from the net. I setup
TCP/5060 and UDP/5060 to forward to my Asterisk IP in IPCop, but I
cannot even get in on port 5060 on the LAN, I have checked the
settings in sip.conf and appear to be okay.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PaulG