[Asterisk-Users] [Fwd: newbie DNS problem with BT100]

Ing CIP Alejandro Celi Mariátegui alex at linux.org.pe
Tue Mar 22 17:42:30 MST 2005

(Sorry, but my english is very bad)

Hi

I'm newbie with Asterisk, but i was able to install and configure
Asterisk with 3 budgetone 102 and 2 Handytone 206 and works fine for me.

I have a problem and i don't see answer in forums: DNS resolution:

First Day:
==========

In configuration menu of the BT100 I use:
DHCP
SIP server: central.mydomain.com or 192.168.100.180
Use DNS SRV: Yes
NTP Server: time.nist.gov

Symptoms:
DHCP works fine for me. All config like IP, Mask, DNS, router etc.
LED: 1900-01-01
SIP server: With 192.168.100.180 work fine with asterisk but with
central.mydomain.com not work.

Looking in configuration, I understood that the problem (perhaps) was
the DNS server. I saw my old firewall that had a RH7.2 with a RPM bind9,
DHCP etc. and think that is time to format this machine. All my stations
worked fine with this DNS, but not the phones: I thought that could be a
good option.

Second Day:
===========

Format firewall, Fedora Core 3, bind etc.
In configuration menu of the BT100 I use:
DHCP
SIP server: central.mydomain.com or 192.168.100.180
Use DNS SRV: Yes
NTP Server: time.nist.gov

Symptoms:
DHCP works fine for me. All config like IP, Mask, DNS, router etc.
LED: 2005-03-22 (excelent! nslookup with time.nist.gov)
SIP server: With 192.168.100.180 work fine with asterisk but with
central.mydomain.com not work.

Then, only lookup with the time server works fine, but not with my
Authoritative domain, only with the IP.

Perhaps BT100 need an special configuration for bind servers or perhaps
is a configuration problem, can you
help me?

Best regards,

Alex