[Asterisk-Users] Is there a way to get inserted into an LEC's CLI DB?

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Tue Mar 22 17:33:45 MST 2005

> Robert Goodyear wrote:
>> Does anyone know if there's a service out there to -- for a fee --
>> inject our DID into the LEC's CLI database so a called party gets our
>> associated name?
>
> No, only if the LEC servicing the number offers it to you. It is the
> responsibility of the operator running the switch that the number
> routes to via SS7 to manage the LIDB, CNAM, ALI and other database
> entries related to that number.

I wonder if that's an exploitable space given the oncoming avalanche of
VoIP adopters... some sort of gateway subscription service to provide a
batch feed to all the individual LECs for a fee.

I'd certainly pay x dollars a month per DID to have a name better than
"Los Angeles Call" identifying my business to the called party,
especially since I'm more than an hour south of LA and *not* being in
LA is a specific business differentiator for us.