[Asterisk-Users] IP PHONE with chip PA1688 and IAX2 Authentication

goldhorse goldhorse at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Mar 22 16:04:30 MST 2005

On 2005/03/23, at 5:38, Androtech wrote:

> Dear All,
> I bought one IP PHONE from Integrated Networks which was showed to
> wiki too:
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Intergrated-Networks
> I have problems with the Asterisk authentication. It does't want to
> LOG IN to Asterisk; it always says "LOG ON FAILED". I'm using the IAX2
> protocol and all paramters seems to be correct.
> Does somebody use the same IP PHONE with Asterisk and IAX2? Can
> someone tell me the right configuration for it?
>
> My actual configuration is:
>
> locale ip: 192.168.0.75
> subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
> router ip: 192.168.0.1
> dns: 192.168.0.1
>
> protocol: iax2
> service type: common
> use service marked
> service address: 192.168.0.1:4569
> nat trasversal: disabled
> phone number: 103
> account: ipphone
> pin: test
> register port: 4569
> signal port:1701
> control port:1721
> rtp port:1721
> local type: auto
>
> the phone firmware is V.1.38.009
>
> My Asterisk extension is:
>
> [ipphone]
> type=friend
> username=ipphone
> secret=test
> auth=md5
> host=dynamic
> context=fullaccess
> mailbox=103
> callerid="ipphone"<103>
>
> Thanks for any help
> Regards,

I have this phone which uses a 168S chip. Although it says it supports
IAX2, it seems that firmware 1.38
only supporta some sort of proprietary VOIP provider protocol, forgot
which one. You'll have to upgrade the
firmware to 1.42 to get real IAX2 support. Also when upgrading the
firmware set the debug option to
"no check" (if your config menu has this option), otherwise it will not
upgrade. (seems to be a security precaution)

Hope this helps

Daniel