[Asterisk-Users] why even use SIP

C. Tomlinson asterisk_list at burntwires.com
Tue Mar 22 14:39:26 MST 2005

And some kind of password to protect the config, so not any intelligent
person with a prov. Utility can change your iaxy!

Back on topic, I much prefer iax personally, however the lack of hardphone
options is a real pain. Obviously depending on the situation, I use SIP
hardphones on internal LAN, IAX softphone (firefly) on laptop for roaming,
and all incoming and outgoing calls from * are sent via IAX.

I use firefly with a Bluetooth headset for audio device and quality is
stunning. However I agree firefly is not really upto it in a business
environment.

Regards