[Asterisk-Users] Call Transfer Features

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Tue Mar 22 07:42:27 MST 2005

Looking for a liitle help if anyone has dealt with this;

The options on dial and queue of t (allow called party to transfer call)
and T (allow calling aprty to transfer call) seem to work fine (as long
as you do not confuse them with the same t and T that indicate
timeout!).

The problem I am having is the use of the # key to do so. Many times a
caller will palce a call to an IVR that requires the use of the # key to
access a feature on the remote IVR, but * intercepts the # and offers
the transfer prompt (as expected).

The solution seems to be to change the feature to use a different key,
although I do not know how. I am sure I could find it on the wiki, but
it seems to be down this morning?

Any suggestinos on a transfer key sequence that does not interfere with
external IVRs that often?