[Asterisk-Users] IRQ headaches

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Mar 22 07:21:42 MST 2005

> Excuse my ignorance here, but I am desperately trying to isolate the IRQ for
> my TE110P card (shown below as t1xxp) Ive gone into my bios and disabled all
> usb , parallel, serial and some other devices, those that I needed to keep,
> I have moved off of IRQ 10 and onto IRQ 5, but everytime I boot up, I get
> usb-uhci and ehci_hcd using IRQ 10 as well as my Digium card. Does anybody
> know what these are and how I can get rid of them  ?
>
> I am running on an HP Compaq D530s with Fedora Core 1, here is my
>

> [root at tracegb root]# cat /proc/interrupts
>            CPU0
>   0:      15242          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:          4          XT-PIC  keyboard
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>   5:       3914          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, eth0
>   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
>  10:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, ehci_hcd, t1xxp
>  12:         48          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
>  14:       4094          XT-PIC  ide0
>  15:          1          XT-PIC  ide1
> NMI:          0
> ERR:          0

There are others on this list that are far more knowledgable then
I, but those interrupts that show "0" aren't of any concern with
the exception that if an interrupt can be freed up, your system
might allow that interrupt to be used by other cards, etc.

If you look back over some of the previous posts on this, you'll
see where some discussion has occurred that says the interrupt
assignments can vary dramatically by motherboard. In other words,
some motherboards apparantly have a specific interrupt hard-wired
to specific pci slots, including any internal ethernet adapters.

The above list suggests you have several free interrupts available,
so moving the digium card to other slots is _basically_ the only
remaining steps available to you.

Since your t1xxp interrupt is showing "0", the issue is probably
not related to shared interrupts, but rather some sort of
incompatibility at the OS/Card level. Others can comment more on
that then I can.