[Asterisk-Users] Hitachi Cable WIP-5000?

Matt Ryanczak ryanczak at arin.net
Tue Mar 22 07:06:30 MST 2005

> Has anyone on-list had a chance to test these with * recently? I keep asking
> about once a month hoping that someone has moved forward in using this
> device. They look like great hardware, but early reports indicated that the
> firmware questionable. Still, that was 6 months ago.

I have two of these for testing and they work well with asterisk. I have
a few gripes but for the most part they do work as advertised. The voice
quality is very good, battery life is good and configuration is pretty
straight forward even with the engRish firmware I'm running. If you have
any specific question drop me a line.

-Matt