[Asterisk-Users] Hold Pickup

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Mar 22 03:02:39 MST 2005

Hi!

> seems to like the Hold Pickup model.  If you don't know what I mean by
> Hold Pickup, it's sort of a reverse transfer; pick up the nearest phone
> and dial <prefix>12345 to pick up a call holding on ext. 12345.
>
> It looks like the closest to what I want (without changing Asterisk)
> would be Park followed by an AGI that pokes my manager-port client
> (which in turn would redirect the target extension's channel to...well,
> something) -- if the parking space was returned to the dialplan somehow
> (or if Park() didn't ignore its arguments).

You might want to check out bristuff: I comes with the new applications

Steal
Pickup
PickupChan
PickDown

and you could probably employ "Steal" although I don't really know how
that interacts with calls that have been placed on hold:

  -= Info about application 'Steal' =-

[Synopsis]:
Channel independent call stealing. Just like pickup but for answered
channels.

[Description]:
  Steal([group]):  Tries to steal the first bridged channel with
callgroup == group. If called without the group argument, the pickupgroup
of the channel will be used.

Cheers, Philipp