[Asterisk-Users] Problem Making a SIP call over a long latency network - Call rejected: 407 Proxy Authentication Required

Craig asterisk at nihost.net
Tue Mar 22 02:07:49 MST 2005

Hi Aram,

Think you will find it is something to do with ports etc....

We log soft phones, spa-841, grandstream and sipura ata through a
satellite link that regularly drifts out to a latency of 1000ms ++ and
do not see any problems with *.

However some of the links we have used are into port blocking and
stateful packet blocking. Suggest this would be most likely your cause.

If you can, run it through a vpn over the same link and see if the
problem persists, this will make life very simple.

For those that think a 100ms is long latency, I have seen our link drift
out to 1200ms latency with 100ms of jitter and still work, does start to
get a bit crappy though!

Craig.

Message: 28