[Asterisk-Users] Fax receive issues and NVFaxDetect

Chris Tuska chris at tuska.us
Mon Mar 21 16:04:43 MST 2005

Hello All,

I am looking to get asterisk to receive faxes but I really don't know where to go from here, any help pointing me in the right direction would be great.  What I would really like is for this second line to answer faxes, but if a user typing in an extension it goes to that extension but I need to get the fax working first.

Error I get when I turn on Fax conf...
pbx.c:1945 ast_pbx_run: Timeout, but no rule 't' in context 'from-Sipmedia2'

Fax Conf in extensions.conf
top
[macro-faxreceive]
 exten => s,1,SetVar(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
 exten => s,7,rxfax(${FAXFILE})
 exten => s,103,SetVar(EMAILADDR=my at email.us)
 exten => s,104,Goto(7)

[from-Sipmedia2]
;second line in or Fax line
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => fax,2,Goto(fax,2901,1)

[fax]
exten => 2901,1,Macro(faxreceive)

exten => h,1,System(/var/lib/asterisk/scripts/mailfax "${FAXFILE}" "${EMAILADDR}" "${CALLERIDNUM}" "${CALLERIDNAME}")

Thanks,

Chris Tuska
Network Engineer
CCNA, CCSA

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they aren't