[Asterisk-Users] why even use SIP

Scott Bussinger scottb at opto-pps.com
Mon Mar 21 14:22:22 MST 2005

> Did you consider vonage?

I played with Packet8 as a reality check before investing the time & money
into the Asterisk solution. I certainly wouldn't use Packet8 or Vonage or
any other service instead of an Asterisk solution. It's easy to get
termination delivered by IAX now and is both cheaper and more flexible.

> I wonder if I am making a rod for my own back
> trying to set up voip for such a small configuration.

I've got about 10 users and the VoIP is wonderful. It's _MUCH_ cheaper than
the old system I replaced and has lots of flexibility going forward. I'm
actually very happy about the switch to Asterisk and VoIP. I just wish I
could have found a good softphone to use.