[Asterisk-Users] Choosing an ISP for Asterisk

Max W Blackmer Jr max at knowledgepowerit.com
Mon Mar 21 13:35:08 MST 2005

I am using Sprint for a couple of reasons.

First, they are a tear 1 internet provider.
Second,  they are a tear 1 long distance provider.
Third,  They are a CLEC in most markets in the US.
Fourth, They are the only Telco/Intenet provider not rocked by recent
Bankruptcy, Bad Customer Service or other scandals.
Fifth, Exec lent Customer service.

I am connecting 2 ISDN PRI  One is Local Switch access( Local Line) and
one is dedicated long distance(Gives a lower toll rate for both
incoming 800 and outgoing long distance calls). VoIP is going through a
SDSL connection (Provided by Covad) at 1Mbps.

Sprint has exec lent customer Service compared to SBC. and we have taken
SBC out of the loop for us providing a better rate and customer service
at a reduced cost of phone service.

A good book on Telephone Technologies is "Telecommunications Essentials"
ISBN 0-201-76032-0 and also "T1: A Survival Guide" ISBN  0-596-00127-4.
A good VoIP Technologies book "Taking Charge of Your VoIP Project" ISBN
1-58720-092-9. All of these books are available online at
http://safari.oreilly.com/ or at your favorite bookstore.

Max W. Blackmer, Jr.