[Asterisk-Users] why even use SIP

Roman Zhovtulya roman at fh-offenburg.de
Mon Mar 21 13:28:31 MST 2005

That’s really strange.

I’m testing a softphone-only setup (SJPhone with Plantronics 80 Headsets
plugged into Soundcard) with around 40 users for that are linked over
LAN in an organization of around 300 people and never had any of the
problems you described (the test is going for over a month now).

I’m using iLBC codec and the Asterisk is running on a PIII PC with 256
MB RAM :-)
Outgoing calls to landline via VoipJet and sipsnip.de, incoming from FWD
(landline number provided by ipkall.com for free).

We are pretty happy with this setup so far. Do you think there might be
problems later?

Regards,
Roman