[Asterisk-Users] Flash hook & hangup problem

Fernando Sanchez fsanchez at datalay.com
Mon Mar 21 13:24:16 MST 2005

Hello.

I'm trying to transfer calls from an analog phone (Zap/1, TDM400P card) to
some other terminal connected to my Asterisk PBX. If I make a flash hook
pressing the phone hangup button quickly it works as expected, I get a new
dialtone and the other side is put on hold. But I would like to use my
phone's "R" key instead for some different reasons (it's quite easier to use
in some of the phones we have here), and I can't get it to work properly.

The problem: with the default values in zapata.conf, when I press the "R"
key nothing happens. The other side of the communication hears a "click" but
everything stays the same.

I have found by trial and error (and in some docs after that) that the
standard flash hook timing for my country (Spain) phone systems is 100ms.
So, if I put rxflash=100 in Zap/1 channel configuration in zapata.conf
(actually any value below 104) Asterisk detects when I press the "R" key,
but instead of interpreting it as a flash hook it's interpreted as if I
hung up the phone. I get a new dialtone but the other side gets
disconnected, not on hold. It's just the same as if I hung up the phone for,
say, 10 seconds.

All values for rxflash above 104 cause de "R" key presses to be ignored, and
below 104 it's the same as if I hung up the phone. I think I must increase
the hang up detection time value (?) somewhere so that 100ms hang ups are
actually interpreted as flash hooks, but I haven't been able to find out how
to do it.

I have tried with 3 different analog phones and it happens the same
thing with all of them. Last thing: when rxflash is <= 104 and I press "R"
so that the call is hung up, I'm getting the following message in the logs:

WARNING[26002]: chan_zap.c:1418 zt_set_hook: zt hook failed: Device or resource busy

Can anyone help me with this, please? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Fernando Sanchez