[Asterisk-Users] Ext matching problems

Francisco Moreno fmoreno at netcomvoice.com
Mon Mar 21 12:03:14 MST 2005

Hello everyone...

I'm trying to get up a testing pbx installation. Following instructions
of what've read from the handbook and from asterisk's wiki, I wrote the
dial plan as follows:
[general]
;
;
static = yes
;[globals]
;

[default]
;
exten => 0,1,Answer()
exten => 0,2,Playback(fcopba1)
exten => 0,3,Hangup()
exten => *0,1,Answer()
exten => *0,2,Record(fcopba1:gsm)
exten => *0,3,Playback(fcopba1)
exten => *0,4,Hangup()
include => extentions
include => pasvalide

[extentions]
exten => 1001,1,Dial(SIP/sipchan1001,10)
exten => 1001,2,Voicemail(u1001)
exten => 1001,3,Hangup()
exten => 1002,1,Dial(SIP/sipchan1002,10)
exten => 1002,2,Voicemail(u1002)
exten => 1002,3,Hangup()
exten => *,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
;exten => *,1,VoicemailMain()
exten => *,2,Hangup()

[pasvalide]
exten => _.,1,Answer()
exten => _.,2,Playback(invalid)
exten => _.,3,Playback(goodbye)
exten => _.,4,Hangup()

--
When I on asterisk's CLI try 'show dialplan' command this is what I
get:

[ Context 'extentions' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '*' =>            1. VoicemailMain()                            [pbx_config]
                    2. Hangup()                                   [pbx_config]
  '1001' =>         1. Dial(SIP/sipchan1001|10)                   [pbx_config]
                    2. Voicemail(u1001)                           [pbx_config]
                    3. Hangup()                                   [pbx_config]
  '1002' =>         1. Dial(SIP/sipchan1002|10)                   [pbx_config]
                    2. Hangup()                                   [pbx_config]

[ Context 'default' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '*0' =>           1. Answer()                                   [pbx_config]
                    2. Record(fcopba1:gsm)                        [pbx_config]
                    3. Playback(fcopba1)                          [pbx_config]
                    4. Hangup()                                   [pbx_config]
  '0' =>            1. Answer()                                   [pbx_config]
                    2. Playback(fcopba1)                          [pbx_config]
                    3. Hangup()                                   [pbx_config]

  Include =>        'extentions'                                  [pbx_config]
  Include =>        'pasvalide'                                   [pbx_config]

[ Context 'parkedcalls' created by 'res_features' ]
  '700' =>          1. Park()                                     [res_features]
--

Now, when I dial from any of the ext. to '0' It actually matches the
'0', plays the goodbye message, but doesn't hangup but gets directly to

Am I forgetting something? Or there's something I'm just not seeing? Can
someone please tell me why it's happening?

Thanks in advanced.

Francisco Moreno