[Asterisk-Users] DTMF doesn't seem to get through incoming ZAP channels

Walter Klomp walter at aglow.com.sg
Mon Mar 21 02:12:22 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm running CVS-HEAD-03/19/05-11:15:15 on Fedora Core 3 with Digium
TE410P card.

Calling into meeting rooms that have been configured with the p option
works fine.

 From ZAP extensions the # key does not work to exit, however from SIP
extensions the # key works fine. This makes me believe that somehow the
DTMF doesn't get through the ZAP interface. After furter experimenting
voicemail also doesn't work through ZAP (the selection of menu-options
that is...)

So now I definately know that DTMF through ZAP doesn't work (anymore, it
used to in the past).

Is there any way I can troubleshoot this ?

I have already set the relaxdtmf=yes option in
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf, which looks like this:

[channels]
context=default
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=pri_cpe
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=2.0
immediate=no
; Channels inherit configuration above them
; Span 1
group=1
context=default
signalling=pri_net; this is connected to voice switch
channel => 1-15
channel => 17-31

Any suggestions and assistance would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Walter Klomp
Singapore.