[Asterisk-Users] Net2Phone / Vonage

Russell Handorf rhandorf at handorf.org
Sun Mar 20 19:55:08 MST 2005

Greetings all,

I've got Net2Phone and Vonage pitting against each other right now. At
the moment, with the Vonage's Softphone account, I can only make
incoming or outgoing phone calls (one config for incoming, one for out);
in otherwords I cant seem to have one sip.conf file that will allow
asterisk to recieve incoming and outgoing calls without rewriting
sip.conf and restarting asterisk to allow for an incoming or outgoing
call instance.

With Net2Phone, I cannot get inbound calls to work (goes to the
net2phone voicemail), and outgoing calls report "This is an invalid
account."

I've followed the two configs based on what is reported in
voip-info.org, googled the heck out of either configuration options, and
have been trying to get either one to allow both incoming and outgoing
calls off of one sip.conf and extensions.conf file.

Does anyone have and up to date sip.conf file, or and tips or tricks to
get this to work?

Thanks all