[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and outlook

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Sun Mar 20 12:58:08 MST 2005

Guys. I know this might be a long shot but wanted to check with the gurus.

I have outlook 2003 on my computer and wanted to check if there is a way of
connecting outlook with asterisk so that caller id name could be set based
on my outlook address or contacts? Each time a call comes in for me,
asterisk could look for the phone number and display or maybe even open
outlooks contacts and show the user?

Anything similar to this?

The other way I was thinking is either exporting my contacts from outlook to
mysql and do mysql looksups inside asterisk or importing the info into
asterisk database and do cidlooking inside asterisk (I currently do this but
inserting and mainting circa 500 numbers would be quite tough)

Any ideas?