[Asterisk-Users] FW: Can't get more than one SIP device to be able to make outgoing calls

Patrick M. Gray, Jr. patgrayjr at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 07:52:24 MST 2005

I'm in the initial stages of my asterisk experimentation, and after some
messing about, have it working to some extent.  Right now I'm in a pure SIP
environment with no trunk lines and no NAT, and am configuring everything
via Asterisk at Home.

My problem is that I am only able to get one SIP device to be able to call
out at a time.  For example, if I register my Cisco 7960 at extension 1000,
it can call the generic asterisk extensions (i.e. *411) without problems.
When I register a FireFly softphone at extension 2000, the softphone will
NOT make calls to *411, etc., or to extension 1000.  The softphone seems to
register correctly from the asterisk console debug messages, but it won't
display the assigned extension, and immediately gives "Call failed" messages
on attempted outbound calls with no message coming from the asterisk
console.

The odd thing is that if I call from x1000 to x2000 (Cisco -> Smartphone),
the call will complete.  Extensions are configured exactly the same using
the AMP portion of Astersk at Home.

I've google'ed quite a bit but can't seem to find a solution or pointer on
this one.  The only thing I can come up with is that my system is a little
shy on memory.  I have 184MB in there, and it gets to about 93% used,
although the server still isn't hitting swap.

Suggestions or points are greatly appreciated!

Pat