[Asterisk-Users] VoIP service through Asterisk?

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 20 02:41:19 MST 2005

> Other than Broadvoice, are there any VoIP providers (Vonage, Packet8,
> etc) that can be hooked into Asterisk directly? I read about a scheme
> for Packet8 that involved routing it in through an analog connection
> on a FXO port...I'd rather have something I can connect in directly.

Save yourself some hassle, and use a provider which supports IAX. So far
there is:

- iax.cc (haven't tried them)
- connect.voicepusle.com (haven't tried them)
- nufone.net (they're meant to be quite reliable - i use them)
- voipjet.com (their rates are very good - i use them too)

BTW, any of you guys know other providers like VoIPJet (i.e. low rates &
low volume OK) ?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.