[Asterisk-Users] Any 24 (or 30) way FXS PCI cards?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Mar 18 11:49:20 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 17:53 +0100, Rob Scott wrote:
> It seems to me silly to have a T1/E1 card to connect to a channel bank
> when you could just have a 24/30 way FXS card in the slot in the first
> place.
>
> Does such a thing exist?
>
> Wouldn't Digium have a lot of customers if they could produce one for
> say < $1000 retail?

Trouble is power. Unless there is more power made available, you may not
be able to drive the ring voltage of several consecutive lines at once.

Take for instance the Adit 600, it has a 130w power supply for just 25
ren capability. Think of the troubles that would cause trying to be
regulated through your standard PC PSU of 300w. Won't you just love
trying to diagnose random reboots right after a phone call comes in and
over draws your PSU capacity and it goes into short protection where it
begins pulsing power.