[Asterisk-Users] RE:Newbie question

Henry Devito hdevito at mchsi.com
Sat Mar 19 20:30:41 MST 2005

Hi,  You said you are hooked to an analog PBX.  Do you have to dial a 9 to
gain access to an outside line on the PBX.  If you do the easiest thing to
do is  go to the outbound-local context which is
[outbound-local]
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-default,${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-default,${EXTEN})
by default and change it to
[outbound-local]
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-default,${EXTEN})
exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-default,${EXTEN})
then  reload asterisk from there if you dial 9,9 +the number you are trying
to dial it should let you dial out ok.  If you are having problems post what
your CLI is showing.