[Asterisk-Users] ANI & DNIS sent to analog FXs Port Possible

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 19 20:26:35 MST 2005

Asterisk (at least stable v1.06) does not seem to support DNIS. - DNIS and
$EXTEN are not the same thing.

We have discovered this recently where we had a block of telephone numbers
in Adelaide diverted to a second block of numbers in Perth.  $EXTEN in
asterisk showed the local Perth number rather than the Adelaide number
originally dialled by the caller.  $RDNIS also failed to show the original
Adelaide dialled number.  The setup we have is where the E1 from the telco
connects to span 1 on the TE405 and then span 2 connects to a Dialogic E1
board.  If we dial the call through from span 1 to span 2 without answering
it, the DNIS variable on the dialogic shows the correct DNIS number - ie the
Adelaide one.  So to me it demonstrates that at keast zaptel or libpri is
aware of the DNIS, it just doesn't seem to make it available to Asterisk.

Craig