[Asterisk-Users] More HEAD wierdness (chan_sip, jitterbuffer/PLC problems)

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Sat Mar 19 15:24:47 MST 2005

Hello,

	After checking out CVS HEAD from yesterday (for those new
PLC/Jitterbuffer patches), I was affected by bug 3795 with my Polycom
IP600's.  After seing it resolved as of this morning (thanks Mark), I
decided to try again...

	I can answer incoming calls.  No problem there.  Putting calls on hold,
however, results in my Polycom IP600 indicating the call on hold, but
the caller does not hear any music.  If I go through enough cycles of
holding/resuming the call, the IP600 eventually locks up in hold, with
the resume softkey doing nothing.  The only way to get out is to have
the caller hangup or reset the phone.  If the caller hangs up, the
Polycom drops the call, and a few seconds later the caller's phone rings
as though the Polycom was calling it back.  If you answer the call you
hear nothing and the call is dropped after about one second.

	Similar behavior on my 7960.  I can place the call on hold, but the
caller hears no music.  Same with before, if I cycle hold/resume enough,
the phone locks up.  Only the Cisco just drops the call.

	The SIP debug of the conversation between * and the IP 600 (firmware
1.4.1) can be found below.  I can provide the Cisco as well (7.2).

http://www.krisk.org/asterisk/sip_debug.log

	Now for more on MOH.  I am using native MOH with my files in ulaw
format.  I setup an extension for running MusicOnHold, and have been
listening to my hold music for 8 minutes with my Polycom IP600, so I
know that * sees the files and can play them.  However, if someone calls
in over IAX and executes that same extension, MOH plays for a couple of
seconds and stops.  No word on the * console as to what happened.

	I use g729 almost exclusively.  I am confused as to the status of g729
with the new PLC/jitterbuffer stuff, but that doesn't seem to be it
because I can transcode from ulaw -> g729 on the phone with my MOH
extension with no problems.  "sip show channels" shows that the channel
is using g729, and the MOH plays for forever and ever.  My iax.conf has
trunk=no trunktimestamps=no and jitterbuffer=yes.  If I set
jitterbuffer=no, MOH works perfectly.  So it appears to be the
jitterbuffer in IAX that is causing problems with MOH there.

	I hope that this message wasn't too verbose, but I hope that any of
these PLC/jitterbuffer problems can get ironed out, because it looks
awesome!!!

--
Kristian Kielhofner