[Asterisk-Users] Any 24 (or 30) way FXS PCI cards?

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Sat Mar 19 14:11:55 MST 2005

I think first we would need to clarify the use of the term FXO in this
context.   I'm not a telco expert by any stretch, but it appears to me the
term is used misleadingly sometimes.  It seems to me that an FXO port is a
port that you can plug an external phone line into - it can then allow you
to dial calls out on that line, or receive calls in on that line.

I see all these FXS/FXO SIP devices on the market where the FXO port is just
a 'pass-through' for power-failure protection, or it allows the connected
phone to dial a string that lets them bypass the PBX and use the POTS.  From
my minimal knowledge that isn't really FXO.  Is it?

I'd like to see an ethernet FXO device that does what a Zap FXO device does.
If it's out there, can someone point me at it?

regards,

Paul