[Asterisk-Users] Codec negociation (2)

Yves yves at swissinfo.org
Sat Mar 19 10:39:54 MST 2005

After looking everywhere I still don't have any solution. Transcoding
G729 is not a problem, Digium is selling licences at reasonable price,
but transcoding G723 is a huge problem (look at the prices!). And the
fact is that this is a quite often used codec.

I receive G729 & G723 calls that I send to a provider who can handle
both too, is it impossible to tell Asterisk to keep using the same codec
for in & out ? It seems that he only follows the codec list in order.

If we can handle this, it means less CPU need and less licences.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who need this and there is a way to
do it. It could be really good to have an option that gives a priority
to the codec used in the incoming call when negociating the outgoing call.

Yves