[Asterisk-Users] Routing 911 calls

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 19 10:38:34 MST 2005

Matt wrote:

>Has anyone used asterisk as a simple voip server? (I'm sure its been/ing done).
>If so... how did you provide 911 service?   Did you setup different
>contexts and put sip phones in those contexts per county?

I think that's what you'd have to do.

>Also, is it possible to put a phone into multiple contexts?
>
>For instance:
>
>context=from-internal

Dunno... this'll work though:

context=from-internal-and-somethingelse

and in your extensions.conf

[from-internal-and-somethingelse]
include => from-internal
include => somethingelse

BTW, I think the best way to manage your * config files is to have a
database of users,  and build your sip.conf, extensions.conf, etc from
the database using a template language such as the template toolkit (Perl)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.