[Asterisk-Users] Last guy to get BV working outbound?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Mar 19 07:14:35 MST 2005

A lot of the BV config confusion is the result of users with registered
IP's vs nat'ed IPs. The patch _was_ only required for those that used
nat'ed systems (proven shortly after that patch was released, and backed
by those that wrote the patch).

So, for those that are still mucking around with BV configs, it would
be helpful to others on this list to understand whether your systems are
nat'ed or not in initial posts.

You can also help yourself by validating some of these recommended
parameters against those listed in /usr/src/asterisk/configs/sip.conf.samples.
(User=phone is one such example of a do-nothing statement that has
no meaning whatsoever.)

Since I no longer subscribe to BV's service, I don't have a clue
which * releases need the patch and which don't.