[Asterisk-Users] echo / delay problem

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Mar 19 06:19:39 MST 2005

> I'm having with an echo or delay
>
> I connect to the PSTN with a x100p  and then connect a std. phone
> to a FXS module on a TDM10B.
>
> The std phone is only 2-wire so I know this is not helping.
> (yes I have read the 2-wire 4-wire issue)
>
> I have tried many echocancel values. The best thing to help was
> rxgain and txgain. below is my current zapata.conf file
>
> All help would be grateful. I have tried and tried for 2 weeks
> it is rather annoying and irating to hear this delay/echo
>
> I would call it a delay since you can hear the end of the sentence repeat
> over
> and over. Also every now and again  it sounds like a underwater submarine
> with ping and all.
>

> Thanks in advance
> Barry
>

> [channels]
> echocancel            = 16
> echocancelwhenbridged = yes
> echotraining          = no  ;; yes
> rxgain                = -2.0
> txgain                = -2.0

If you are in the US and using a digium x100p, then try the following:
 echotraining=800
 echocancel=yes
(The values you are showing above aren't even valid parameters.)

If you are outside the US, there isn't much you can do since the x100p
card was specifically designed to operate with US 600 ohm impedance
pstn lines.

If you have a x100p clone, it is likely the problem. Replace it with
something capable of matching the pstn impedance for whatever country
you are located in.