[Asterisk-Users] HELP: Dose G.729 with IPP only worked on IntelCPU?

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Fri Mar 18 11:34:27 MST 2005

>My CPU is Centaur VIA Nehemiah with 998.715 MHz processor not INTEL
CPU.

Common Sense dude - The Intel IPPs work only for Intel CPUs.
Remove the codec_g729.so file from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules folder and
restart asterisk

Check if it is working by starting as under:

UnixPrompt# asterisk -cvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvf

Once this loads correctly use 'Stop now' and restart with command

UnixPrompt# asterisk