[Asterisk-Users] Which linux distribution

asterisk at stephenamadei.com asterisk at stephenamadei.com
Fri Mar 18 11:04:55 MST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Frank Fischer wrote:

> i'm just starting to setup my "own" asterisk. My first question is, if there
> is any reason to choose a special linux distribution or if it doesn't mater
> which distribution i chosse. Is there anything i should be aware of?

I don't think so.  Most Linux distribs have all the tools necessary.

I'm running Asterisk on a stripped down Slackware 10.1 distrib with a
custom kernel.  The total system takes on 89 megs of my 80 Gig drive.  If
Asterisk is happy with that, it'll be happy with anything.  ;-)

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
5114 Harbor Beach Blvd
Brigantine Beach, NJ 08203