[Asterisk-Users] Getting caller-name - cid_rewrite 1.0.0

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Thu Mar 17 22:01:56 MST 2005

Hi folks, I think my little agi script is ready for the big one-oh-oh.

Available at http://muware.com/asterisk is cid_rewrite-1.0.0.  This
agi-script does the following:

- Standardize incoming caller-id numbers to adhere to US dialing code;
NANPA numbers are reformatted to 1+10, international numbers become
011<country-code><number> (this is customizable with a little PHP
knowledge).
- Look up the associated caller-id name in a mysql table.
- If not found in the DB, it attempts a reverse-lookup on 411.com (and
extracts the City name even if the number was not found).
- If not found on 411.com, it attemps a reverse-lookup on google.com; if
not found, it falls back to pulling the rate-center from telcodata.us.
- If available, the address associated with the phone-number is also
extracted and inserted into the DB.

This has been working for a little over a month for me.  Have fun
getting it to work on your end.

Disclaimer -- pulling information from 411.com doesn't agree with their
terms of service.  Use at your own risk, and don't use it commercially.
Lookups on google.com don't seem to have that restriction.