[Asterisk-Users] Codec negotiation

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Thu Mar 17 20:24:02 MST 2005

Further to this, does anyone know if there is a simple way to set the party
priority in codec negotiation? (NOT the codec priority)

In other words, I want the calling (client) preferences to be considered
FIRST.

Currently, my logs show

Accepting AUTHENTICATED call from 203.89.xxx.xx:
       > requested format = ulaw,
       > requested prefs = (),
       > actual format = ilbc,
       > host prefs = (ilbc|g729|gsm|speex|g726|alaw|ulaw),
       > priority = mine

As can be seen, the request was for ulaw, which IS in the list, but the
request is ignored because "priority = mine".

Can "priority = caller"? Or is this caused by the fact that "requested
prefs" is empty?