[Asterisk-Users] Backing up configurations and *@home list?

Don Murray asterisk at geeksrus.ca
Thu Mar 17 15:06:48 MST 2005

Hello again,

I have *@home set up and working.  There are a couple of questions I
have about system administration that I couldn't find on the wiki
(although I may not be using the right buzzwords).

(1) is there an asterisk at home specific mailing list?  I believe someone
on this list mentioned there was but I cannot find it at sourceforge,
the asterisk at home web page, or the asterisk.org web page.

(2) is there a utility for backing up asterisk configurations and
current status?  I'd like to be able to do regular back-ups and if a big
problem happens, have a method to easily re-install the system on a
different machine.  Is there an *-friendly way of doing this or should I
just do directory dumps periodically and copy them back into place after
a fresh install?

Thanks

Don