[Asterisk-Users] PRI Cause Code Help

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Thu Mar 17 12:26:12 MST 2005

Trevor Peirce wrote:

> Anyhow, they are seeing the RELEASE COMPLETE message with cause code
> 1, however the tech told me they expect a PROGRESS indicator with a
> value between 1 and 10.

Okay after printing off a dozen pages and taking up tons of floor space
I think I may have figured this out... but this being my first day in
PRI-language I'd appreciate some feed back if I'm on the right track.

First, I am seeing

< SETUP
 > CALL PROCEEDING
< FACILITY (w/ CID Name)
 > RELEASE COMPLETE (Cause: 1)

 From what I understand from Q.931's figure A.2, is that the CALL
PROCEEDING should *not* be sent to do this... and if it is we've got to
addto the dialog slightly

< SETUP
 > CALL PROCEEDING
< FACILITY (w/ CID Name)
 > DISCONNECT (Cause: 1)
< RELEASE
 > RELEASE COMPLETE (Cause: 1)

Someone please let me know if I'm talking nonsense or if I am going
somewhere with this...

Many thanks,
Trevor Peirce