[Asterisk-Users] PRI Test Equipment

Christopher Jacob chris at jacob-solutions.com
Thu Mar 17 11:34:56 MST 2005

Hey All,

I am looking for some advice on setting up a test lab for Asterisk systems
that I plan to install at client sites. Most clients will be using PRI. Does
anyone have any suggestions on equipping a lab to be able to test Asterisk
servers with T1 cards and SIP phones?

I have seen some test equipment around the internet, but I'm not sure what
the best is. I have also thought about sticking a T1 card in an asterisk box
and using a crossover cable to connect the two. Anyone see a reason why this
wouldn't work.

Home grown, or purchased test equipment. Which is the best way to go?

Thanks,

Chris