[Asterisk-Users] OT: PC sound hardware for voice recording

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Thu Mar 17 11:28:31 MST 2005

Same here - I record all my prompts either over a regular phone (Cisco
7960) or using the Plantronics DSP 500 and the "Record" application.

exten => 405,1,AGI(set-timestamp.agi)
exten => 405,2,Playback(rjs-voice-prompt-recorder) ; Play some instructions
exten => 405,3,Wait(2)
exten => 405,4,Record(/tmp/asterisk-recording-${timestamp}:gsm)
exten => 405,5,Wait(2)
exten => 405,6,Playback(/tmp/asterisk-recording-${timestamp})
exten => 405,7,Wait(2)
exten => 405,8,Hangup

Then I move the file from /tmp to whereever I need it.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:14:01 -0700
"Wiley Siler" <wsiler at education2020.com> wrote:

> I recorded my last set of prompts over my Plantronics DSP 500 USB
> Headset. I have also used a Logitech USB Headset.  These and similar are
> easiest to use along with X-lite or similar softphone. I used the
> suggested method of dialing an extension on the PBX and letting Asterisk
> record for me direct via the phone.  The quality is just as good as
> using a dedicated soundcard and mic IMHO.  At $50-75 for the USB
> headset, it is a good cheap investment.
>
> Thanks,
> Wiley

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Internet Services
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."